Monday, May 4, 2009

I am happy to report that I received my flight plans yesterday!!! It was quite the deal. My district and the other district in our zone had decided that we would all go together to get our plans from the mail. So after dinner all 20 of us walked over, you would have thought it was Christmas morning! In some ways it was like Christmas morning. We have been here for so long and we have been readily awaiting this day. There were lots of squeals and cheering. I am happy to report that I will be leaving on Monday May 11. We leave the MTC at 1:30 in the afternoon and our flight will leave at 4:40!!!! It is a nonstop flight from Salt Lake to Paris!After we land in Paris we jump on another plane to Toulouse.
This week I have loved my personal study time. I usually struggle trying to decide what I want to study not this week. On Sunday in Relief society Sister Cook from the YW General Presidency came and talked to us. She talked to us about virtue. I am still so excited about this new YW value. She gave us a copy of the Virtue insert and challenged us to go through and complete the goal. That is just what I have been doing. I love it. I would challenge all of you to do the same. She told us that in this world virtue is being thrown under feet." We all can improve on it, not just young women. It is amazing!
This week when we went to the TRC to teach the second lesson I was so excited. It was the first time for me to actually be excited for it. I have kind of taken on the attitude of come what may and love it. I know that I don't speak anywhere close to perfect French but I do know that if I'm trying that Heavenly Father will help me. when we went to t teach i just relaxed and tried to speak everything that I could about the plan of salvation. I am so grateful for Heavenly Fathers help. I know with out him and without the spirit it wouldn't have gone as well. I love this gospel and am so excited to be going to France in just a week!!! It will be interesting getting to speak French all the time and hardly any English but the best way to really speak a language is to be immersed in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment