Friday, May 8, 2009

This week has gone by so fast. not going to lie it has been hard to focus since we got our flight plans last week. Class time has actually been a life savior because it has forced all of us to stay on task and actually do something besides talk.We got a nice surprise this week at devotional. Elder Ballard and his wife came and talked to us. We were so excited because usually apostles come every 4 weeks and it has only been 3. But needless to say it was a pleasant treat. His words were exactly what I needed to fan the flame under me. He talked about having desire. He said wake up each morning with a desire to work. Miracles happen when there is desire in the soul. He told us to desire to accomplish great things and they will happen. if we will pray for a desire to do anything Heavenly Father will make it happen. i think the best part was at the end he thanked us missionaries, then he said "when you write home next tell you parents and your family on behalf of the quorum of the 12 and first Presidency we want to thank you for allowing your missionary to serve. We love you." Then he closed by leaving an apostolic blessing on us. It was so powerful. I'm so grateful today for the chance I've had to sit at the feet of another apostle of the Lord. Today I am so excited to be able to go to the temple one more time, the last time for the next 17 months. I don't think I've looked forward to it this much. There is such peace there. I'm so excited to be leaving but at the same time I'm sacred to death mostly of the unknown. But I know that if i put my trust in the Lord he will provide for me. One thing I'm most excited about is to get a new companion and to be able to start teaching. I know that my French will be rough but the only way it will get better is to continue speaking it. I have loved so much being at the MTC. There is such a strong spirit here. One of the elders was saying the other day that he was afraid that when he gets into the field and things start getting hard he wants to be able to remember all the super spiritual moments we've had here. I have been thinking about that. That is exactly why we come here first we are taught and lifted up so much, then we are sent in to the field on fire ready to spread the word to everyone we see. I feel that right now I can't wait to share all i have with the people in France. this work is true. Missionary work is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment