Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 5, 2010

This last week was really a good week. We are finding lot of new people to teach. Even this afternoon shortly after we had arrived in Bordeaux we had a Rendezvous with Serge. When we got off the bus we were walking across this open place and this lady came up behind us and was saying, "wait wait." We turned around stopped. She stopped next to us and said "I want to know more about the mormons, that interests me. can I get one of your Books?" I think that my mouth was on the ground. After I got it to close and actually work she gave us her information and said we could come by during the week. The on ly thing is she lives in the Elders area. In all of my mission I have never had anyone stop us like that before. You never know when the Lord is going to place someone on your path.
We had another cool experience this week. We received a text from someone saying that he had been admitted to the hospital but he wanted to let us know that he was doing ok. WE had no idea who he was. So we called him because we thought that maybe it was an ami or member that had just used a different number. Come to find out he was taught by the sisters a couple of months ago but some how they had lost contact or something with him. It was so cool. WE were able to meet him his name is Pedro he is really cool we will see what happens with him.
So yesterday we had the opportunity to celebrate the 4th of July. I had made brownies and we went with the elders to Gus' house. He is originally from Florida but came to FRance after the 2nd world War in 43. Heis now 87 and is really losing his memory he has a hard time speaking French and English and his hearing is going too. But I can say that is was such a fun night. we sang all of the patriotic songs in the English Hymn book. He was so happy to have us there. I realized how proud I am to be an American! I love France and the people here but I can ruely say that my heart is american!

No comments:

Post a Comment