Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31, 2010

i have to say that i really love Bordeaux! It is a large city with lots of people from all over. It is a city that moves. I really do like it. The thing is it is a very old city. I will try to send you pictures so that you cna see a little bit. I really like it because even though there are lots of buildings they are not really tall so it makes it seem more open. One big change is it is super flat.
I love my companion Sr. Madsen is awesome! She is sucha powerful teacher and a great example for me. We have a lot of fun together!
It is funny how the amis change from city to city. In Cannes we were teaching almost all women here in Bordeaux we have all men. They are really good amies that are progressing and we are hoping to engage one of them for baptism this week. Or area is really big the area of the ward is split in two and we ahve half and the elders have half. It is huge.
ihave had some cool experiences this week. wE had a lot of time on our hands because of cancelled rendezvous and such so we were contacting and looking for new people. I can't tell you haw many times that we were on the Tram and spirit really prompted me to talk to someone. And even sometimes it would be people that normally I wouldnt have struck up a conversation. There was one night that we were on our way home and the tram was pretty empty when we got on.There was a young man sitting across the isle from me and asked me something we got talking. He is muslim (and for them you cant talk directly to God I dont know who they pray to but you cnat talk directly to him.) and somehow we got to talking about prayer and I said that I know that heavenly Father answers our prayers. He didnt believe me. He asked how it was possible and i jus testified of a couple of different experiences. I dont know what all I said all I do know is that the spirit really led me and helped me say what he needed to hear. At the end I simply invited him to pray and try for himself. that God would answer his prayers. and When he did he could call us and we would love to teach him more. AT that moment I really felt the power that comes from my call as a missionary.
WE have a recent convert that is absolutely amazing! He was baptized a little over a month ago and is absolutely incredible. Iwill have to tell you more about him next time but he lets just say we have an appointment with him yesterday and it was him that gave us a lesson. it was so cool!
The GOspel is so True! I love this work! I love my Savior and his love that I feel each and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment