Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 29, 2009

I have to say that changing companions is not something that is easy. it has been an interesting week for me. I am very glad to still be in Nice. i love it here and I love our amis and the ward here. My new comanion is French, this is her first time being a senior companion. She has been out for about 6 months, so neither of us really know the role of senior compaion. I'm glad its her not me. I think Ihave spoken more French this week than I did the whole time with Soeur Mongas. THere have been many times I've opened my mouth not knowing exactly what to say or how to say it but it came out in a way that was understood. Heavenly Father has really helped me this week. On wednesday we had our meeting with the ward missionaries since soeur Bitanga is new and doesn't know our amis I had to talk about each of our amis. I prayed that I could atleast get my point across. I struggled and went slow but when I had finally finished with the last amis Frere Feuga said that I made sense and that I'm really improving. That compliment made my whole day. We did a lot of walking this week. I realized how much I didn't know about the city. but it is all good. We have been trying to pass by inactive members houses this week we have a ward list that is 18 pages long and i would dare say that I haven't even met half of the people on the list. SO in effort to help strengthen the ward we are trying to find the lost sheep. I am grateful we walk a lot because really 30 minutes really isn't much for exercise. Incase you want to knoz a typical day goes as follows: 6:30 wake up pray exercise. 7 get ready for the day8 is personal study. I love personal study. I have finally found what works best for me and how I can get the most out of that hour. That hour of study can make or break my whole day. 9 Is companion study at first I didn't like comp study but really it is the best hour to prepare to our lessons and contacting, and to talk about our amis. 10 Is an hour for French Study. honestly that hour is hard for me by the time i sit for that long I have no desire left to study. but it really is a good time to look up new words and how to conjugate verbs and just practice speaking and reading. From 11 until 9 is prosyleting time. each day is different. some days we have rendez vous all day long and other days we are contacting and passing by peoples houses all day long. needless to say there is always something to do. then at 9 we return and plan for the next day eat and go to bed. There you have it in a nutshell. We are very lucky to have a lot of support from the ward they love to help and love to wteach with us!One miracle for the week. Anastacio has been progressing and doing most everything we commit him to do. But he hasn't been to church for a couple of weeks he kept saying he would come but then Sunday morning would come and he wouldn't be there. well this sunday we were about to start Relief Society I walked out in to the hall and guess who was there? Anastacio§ i was so excited! It was so cool! I do get to plaly the piano a little bit. Soeur mongas played most of the time last transfer but now I get to. We have 2 young men in the Ward that play very well that is what they study at school and lets just say that I dream of playing as well as they do. I hope you have a great week! I love you! THanks for your love and support.Until next time!Soeur Jenni Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment