Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15, 2009

SO last Sunday we had a dinner appointment with a member. She told us that one of the older ladies in the ward was saying to people that she didn't think I could speak french. It really bothered me especially because I had never talked to this particular sister before. So as I thought about it this week I decided to make a point to talk to her on Sunday just to prove to her that I could speak some French. I know a little prideful but It made me mad that she was spreading rumors and she had never even talked with me before..... so anyway yesterday right after church we had another ward picnic. This time because the Bishops daughter was being baptized. Lets just say the bishop really knows how to feed people. but during the lunch I went and talked with the sweet sister. She was baptized 47 years ago and helped build the chappel here in Nice. Her name is Soeur Carbonne I think that is how you spell it. Now she knows that I can kind of speak french....
As for the work it is going well. All day we are teaching. One miracle for the week was Wilfried. He is a student here, 25 and just starting his finals. Soeur Mongas has been trying to call him for 3 months now and he hasn't responded that was until Monday night he called her back and wanted to see us. he had been taught by some sisters before but didn't have the time to continue to be taught. We got to meet him and start teaching him. He is amazing. He has such a strong faith in Christ. He is very humble and receptive to the spirit and the gospel, and to make it even better he came to church! without an hesitation he was like ya I will be there on Sunday.
I don't know if i told you about Rossni or not but she is a student as well. She has been progressing really well until a couple of weeks ago when we asked her if she would be baptized and she wanted to but she needed to talk with the Mom first. For three weeks we prayed and encouraged her finally she did it!! Her mom gave her the go ahead!! so we will see what happens when we meet with her tomorrow.
I can Everything else is going good. like everyone I have my good and bad days. I continue to see the power of the gift of tongues in just little ways each day. Heavenly Father Provides for his servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment