Monday, December 21, 2009

December 21, 2009 - Merry Christmas!

A man that we contacted during the week we gave the Restoration lesson on the street. He was a little skeptic; but in the end he wanted to know more and said that he would come to church yesterday. And he did. It was the coolest thing. He didnt understand much of why but he said he was willing to keep his promise and he came. The funny thing was he and his girl friend came in in the middle of sacrament meeting and sat on the front row. There were a few members that went and talked to him after because they thought he was a member. He fit in with the members.
I am learning a lot about myself. And Heavenly Father is really humbling me and helping realize that I need him more than i realize; So many times I think that i can do it myself i get too confident. I still have a long way to go but i am working on it; He helps me.
I dont know how much i have told you about the Oger family but I absolutelly love them. They take good care of us missionaries. and spoil us to be honest. They ahve a little girl that is severly handicapped. It is hard for them when it comes to coming to church because one of them has to stay with her at home so they take turns eah week coming. We were at their house on Friday and Brother Oger was talking to us about the plan Of Salvation. he said that in the beginning it was really hard that they cant go to the temple together, they cant come to church together, but then he said that They accepted it. That as much as it maybe a trail during this life they wont complain becasue they literally have and angel living with them. And Every day she is a reminder of their eternal goal. she cant talk to them in this life but after this life in the celestal kingdom she will be able to. But that means for them they have to live worthy to get there to talk to her. Their house is a house of the Lord the spirit is there. I feel different when i am there I feel like I am home.
It was a great testimony to me of the importance of doing our very best everyday and keeping and eternal perspective.
I Love you so much. I want you to know especailly with this week being Christmas that i know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. That in humblest of circumstances he started his life. I know that he died for us that his is the only way we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again.

No comments:

Post a Comment