Monday, December 14, 2009

December 14, 2009

Soeru Brunt is from West jordan. She is absolutely amazing. We said in the MTC that it would be so cool if one day we got to serve together but didnt really think that it would be possible since se got here about the same time. But you know what we were wrong. She is so strong. I cant tell you how good it is to be with an American. I will admit we have spoken a lot of English together but it has been so good. I dont know how to explain it but it is like we have been friends for a long time. And when you are friends with you companion and can talk about anything the work goes so much better. I can testify that this week I have seen the hand of the Lord helping us and leading us to people. I can honestly say that I love being a missionary. Not that i didnt like it before but really i love this work. We laugh together and work well together. It has been hard for me to contact people. Just to stop them on the streets and talk to them but with her we have fun with it. We have had all sorts of people this week. A guy that didnt want to talk to us and kind of screamed at us but we didnt understand anything he said as soon as we turned around we both started laughing. Then there was an afternoon this week that we were contacting and no one wanted to talk to us. We both said we are going to keep trying there will be someone that will listen to us and just then a man came into view and we started talking to him he was really nice and wanted to talk to us again. random side note we met a guy with a monkey yesterday. It was the funniest thing the money even shook our finger, then tried to bite Sr. Brunt's finger.
The work is moving forward we are finding new people all over the place. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father let me stay here. This a city of many miracles just waiting to happen. And with Christmas in the Air people seem to be more willing to talk to us or maybe it is just that I want to talk with them more. Which ever it is I like it.
It is kind of different to hear about all the different traditions here. We have many members that want us to celebrate with them. to be honest I was so confused at first because here you celebrate the 24th until midnight. From what i understand the 25 is just the relax and chill day; I am excited to see it in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment