Monday, November 23, 2009

November 23, 2009

We have been so busy this last week we even had to start making appointments with people for the next week because we didnt have place. It is such a blessing to be busy and working hard. I am learning a lot about repentence and forgiveness this transfer. Everyone has the chance to repent and to change. There is no exception to that Christ doesnt tell us that only a certain number of people will be allowed to repent but rather each of us can and that if we have the desire and are silling to change he is willing to forgive us. Sister Garcia is an amazing example of forgiving others. She has suffered a lot in her life and when we were talking to her the other night I was near tear just listening to her story and how she has changed.
On top of weing busy I dont think we have had so many rendezvous cancelled at the same time. There were 2 days that almost every single one of our Rendezvous was cancelled just minutes before or a couple of hours before. It was frustrating at first but then as we worked and went with our backup plan to go see other people or to talk to the people on the road we were blessed. I cant remember which night but our Rendezvous was cancelled and as we were walking to go see one of our other amis we were stopped 2 different times by men who wanted to know what we were doing. It was really cool to see that there are people all along the way. That Laybe it was in heavelny Fathers plan that what we had planned was cancelled so that we could talk to the other people. One of the men was actually the man that owns the cyber cafe where we do our emails. We got talking and he said that he has never met someone like us that wears a badge that is not nice, polite and humble. He is muslim and not really interested in changing he beliefs right now but I really believe that he will always remember those missionaries.
We havent been able to meet with The girl that we contacted at bus stop last week. She was sick one day and something happened with her daughter the next but I have a lot of hope for her.
I dont remember if i have told you much about Rose-Marie one of the less active sisters we have been working with for quite a while now; But she raelly is an artist. She has showed us a lot of paintings that she has done and last night when we were there visiting she actually gave us one. well she gave me two. She is the sweetest sister. She is amazingI dont know anyone that prays as much as she does for other people. And when she gets tired she reads the book of Mormon.
I am so grateful for good people around me. I have been thinking about my blessing with it Thanksgiving this week.(its sad they dont celebrate thanksgiving here but we might do a little celebrating as missionaries) I really am so blessed and protected. I am have great family and so many great examples.
I hope that you have a good feast this week! I love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment