Monday, October 5, 2009

October 5, 2009

FOr the Saturady Sessions of Conference the only way we could go was if we had an ami or one of our less actives that there. I knew that for the first session (the RS) we would have someone there. We were lucky and someone for both session Saturday. Just before it started we had a rendez vous with Marie. As we entered the chappel everything was already set up and I could hear the choir singing. I have never been so excited for conference in my life. During our entire rendez-vous I couldnt quit smiling. I loved the Relief Society session. Seeing all of the sisters in the conference center and know ing that you and Kort were there, and just seeing the little piece of home I was overewhelmed and couldnt help but cry. I cant explain the feeling that overcame me. There is a special unity in the Relief Society that you cant find in any other group of women. It is an orginazation of charity. And we share that from sister to sister to strengthen each other. I felt that there was a real theme of listening to the spirit and holding to the values of the church and to our families. And if we do these things that is when we will find the most happiness. For the sessions yesterday I was able to listen to it in english for me the element of hearing the proper voices of the Prophet and the apostles has more power. The people that translate just dont have that umph in their voices. I feel like I have rambled for most of this email. But I want you to know that more than anything my testimony of this gospel was strengthened this week. I know that we have a prophet today, President Monson, who leads us. I know that if we will listen to his counsel and apply it in our lives we will receive countless blessings. I know that this church is True. Christ lives and stands at the Head of his church. Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment