Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010

As I sit here thinking about this week and what has happened I realize how fast the week went by. The days sometimes are long but the week its self is short. In missionary work you have 3 pools ther teaching pool the finding pool and the baptizing pool. lets just say that we are in the finding pool we dont have many amis but are doing a lot of searching. It is really cool though because we are preparing for a day missionary day with the ward where the members will come and work with us for the day. We will be split off and will go and visit the less actives and our amis. But in preparing for the day we are doing a 40 day fast. Like Christ when he went into the wilderness and fasted for 40 days and 40 nights to prepare for his ministry. We are preparing with the ward in the same sense. It is cool to see the power of fasting. We have a different member who fasts each day. WE call them and remind them and also give them an idea of what we will be doing the day they are fasting so they can keep our amis and member in mind. I guess you could say that gives us an extra boost. We are more accountable too or more aware of the little things that happen through out the day. One thing thing that was really cool was Sebastien (I think I told you about him last week) who had said he wasnt ready right now, well we called him just to see how he was doing and he asked if we could fix another appointment. I know that it is thanks to the fast and the prayers of the members that he is being prepared to hear more about the gospel. Another cool thing was we had contacted this family that is from New Zeland the husband is here playing rugby. He is married with 2 little boys. They were actually taught before they came here and had lots of friends that are members. We have set up another appointment to see them this next week. The reason it is cool is because it is an entire family! We are going to teach them! I am so excited!
I almost forgot about the frog legs. We spent the moring with the family Oger taking down the wallpaper Sr. Brunt and I knew what we were going to be eating but the elders didn't. It was the funniest thing. But I was kind of weirded out the more I thought about what we were going to be eating. So when we finally got to lunch I wasn't so excited anymore. Brother Oger showed us how to eat them then let us go at it. THey are actually pretty good. They taste kind of like shrimp but with bones in them. I can officiallly say that I have tried almost everything weird there is to eat here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment